13 December 2011

Goosey, Goosey, Gander - Sea Bee Air Postscript 1


Goosey goosey gander,
Whither shall I wander?
Upstairs and downstairs
And in my lady's chamber.
There I met an old man
Who wouldn't say his prayers,
So I took him by his left leg
And threw him down the stairs

No, it's not quite "goosey, goosey, gander", more a case of "Goose, Goose, Turbo Goose." I was sent these stunning photos of Sea Bee Air's 3 Goose aircraft taken by the late Colin Ballatine. The three photos were taken at Mechanics Bay... Only the photo of DFC was dated; it was taken in September 1980.



So, in an attempt to be a little poetic...

Goosey, Goosey, Turbo Goose,
Where shall I cruise?
Waiheke, the Barrier
And Kawau's Lady Bay
There I met a tourist
wanting to go somewhere
So I took him on my north leg
And dropped him at Paihia.

No comments:

Post a Comment