04 April 2013

A nice surprise...

A nice surprise awaited me at Christchurch yesterday. When I went to board my Eagle Air flight to Hokitika I found the service was being operated by Vincent Aviation's BAe Jetstream ZK-VAH... The only thing that could have made it better was if it was ZK-VAI!

A desperation/record shot... ZK-VAH at Hokitika on 3 April 2013.  

While waiting at Auckland on 3 April 2013 Boeing 767-300 ZK-NCK was on the  taxi...

as was Virgin Samoa's Boeing 737-800.

Pacific Blue Boeing 737-800 ZK-PBI was under tow - one wonders how long PBI will be in this scheme



7 comments:

  1. Unfortunately VAI was being used for a charter along with JSH. Normally VAI is the J32 primarily used for Eagle work.

    Overall was the flight as good as a typical Eagle B1900 service?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, I still cringe when I walk outside and see a J32 instead of a 1900D. They are not very comfortable compared to the 1900D. They are not bad looking Aircraft.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the J32... I thought VAH was the best I had been in... it seemed quieter and the windows seemed bigger... has it got new internal windows??? The seating is tighter than the B1900 but the crew were on to that and they asked if anyone wanted anything below are people had boarded. All in all a good flight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. PBI due for repaint inthe last week of Sep through 1st week of Oct.. subject to change

    ReplyDelete
  5. PBI middle of Feb next year and PBG starting the last week of Feb '14. As always, sub to change but that is the current plan.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry, fat fingers, that should PBD middle of Feb next year followed by PBG. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  7. I got ZK-VAI this morning on NZ2425 PMR - WLG.

    ReplyDelete